Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Letter: Child’s wish should be granted; not inappropriately mocked

I turned to the editorial page of Wednesday’s R&L and was so moved by Dawn Hobbs’ letter I almost cried.

I, too, was very disturbed by the letter critical of Tyler, so much so that, completely out of character, I picked up the phone and called the paper. I wanted to know if the paper had to print every letter received, and, as I thought the letter and the printing of it was very insensitive, I cancelled my subscription.

I had been as judgmental as the letter writer. I was unhappy with the response to my call, but later had a very nice talk with R&L Publisher Tim Dearman, who understood my concern.I finally decided I should resubscribe.

I sent in my subscription request and check just this Monday and this morning, just two days later, I received my first paper and there is Dawn’s very moving story about Tyler.

Coincidence? Fate?

I, too, believe Tyler deserves this trip and am so happy that organizations like the Make A Wish Foundation are there to reward such deserving children.

Alice Hunsucker
Statesville

No comments: