Saturday, January 5, 2008

Letter of the Day: Mayor, wife helped to start 2008 right for entire family

I regret I was not in attendance at the New Year’s Eve party held at the Statesville Civic Center because I heard it was one truly to remember for my family.

My dad, Ralph Frazier, took my mentally retarded brother, Chad Frazier. My mom was at home not feeling well.

Chad has always had a love for music, so this party was a true highlight for his holiday season.

My dad called home twice to tell us that some individuals had Chad and his wheelchair on the dance floor four different times. Those individuals happened to be Statesville Mayor Costi Kutteh and his wife, Teresa.

Chad enjoyed it so much. It often troubles me when my brother is ignored in life as many disabled individuals are in society. This was not the case on New Year’s Eve.

I would like to thank Mayor and Mrs. Kutteh for making Chad feel special.

Not only are you the wonderful mayor and first lady of Statesville, you are angels.

Thank you for all the hard work that everyone did to make the party a fun event.

Happy New Year’s.

Joy Frazier Murphy and family
Statesville

No comments: