Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Letter of the Day: Residents kept Vincek's daughters in their hearts

I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone in the community for their generous support of and gifts to Jennifer Vincek’s daughters, making their Christmas a little easier to deal with.

For the community to have Jennifer and her daughters in their hearts, people they never met, and to give so much, makes us feel good about our community.

Back in October, I lost my job. Jennifer brought us food and gave us gas money, and for her to do that brought me to tears.

I called Jennifer the next day to thank her; she told me that it made her feel good to do something nice for us.

I realized then how big a heart Jennifer had, and that’s how I feel about the community.

I would like to thank Stony Point Elementary School for their contribution to Aeryal, Jennifer’s oldest daughter, and making her Christmas a little brighter.

To the parent (I apologize for not remembering her name) who gave generously to Aeryal, you are greatly appreciated.

To all of Aeryal’s teachers who came to the reception and service for Jennifer, that meant so much to Aeryal, and to Miss Teague’s second-grade class for all the sympathy cards her students wrote. I read them all more than once, and each time I read them, I broke down.
I thank you.

I thank Renee Griffiths, a mother of three boys who never met Jennifer or her girls, but who took the time from her busy schedule to put together a benefit for Jennifer’s daughters. We appreciate your time and effort to do this. We thank you.

"Perhaps you sent a sympathy card
Or sat quietly in a chair,
Perhaps you sent a floral piece —
If so, we saw it there.
Perhaps you spoke the kindest words
As any friend could say.
Perhaps you were not there at all,
Just thought of us that day.
Whatever you did to console our hearts,
We thank you so much,
Whatever the part."

I might not remember everyone’s name, but I definitely won’t forget the support that everyone in the community has given to Jennifer’s daughters.

Joseph and Aeryal Sherepita
Stony Point

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you all for everything you have done for my family. I miss my daughter very much. I have my beautiful grandchildren to keep me going. God Bless you all

Donna McDaniel, Jennifers Mother