Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Letter: School district should repair property damaged near SHS

I reside at 514 Sylvia St. My home was severely damaged when the crew was here demolishing homes to clear land for the new tennis courts and softball field.

I’ve been in contact with Robert Jackson, head of construction for Iredell-Statesville Schools. He states to me that he is working on this. It has been months and I haven’t gotten a response from him about who is responsible for the damages. I have a tennis court right up on my home. Tennis balls are coming over the fence into my yard. It seems as though I’m living on school property, not on my own.

It is time for the school system to come and take care of the damages that have been done to my home. Stop giving me the runaround; take responsibility.

Cheryl Adams
Statesville

No comments: